Events marking the 101st anniversary of Estonia's National University
Considering the spread of the coronavirus, we have decided to cancel the traditional anniversary celebrations of the national university. To avoid people gathering indoors and in the open air, neither the ceremony of the anniversary of Estonia’s national university nor the torchlight procession will be held this year. Thereby we take care to stay healthy and focus on our main activities – learning and teaching. The semester is ending, and exams are coming soon.
Thursday and Friday, 26–27 November
The University of Tartu web conference “Intelligent adaptation to the coronavirus”
At the conference, the university researchers introduce studies that contribute to addressing societal issues related to the coronavirus pandemic. The recording of the conference is available on the web page koroonakonverents.ut.ee
Monday, 30 November 16:00
Presentation of the book “Sada aastat üliõpilasesindust Tartu Ülikoolis” (“A hundred years of student representation at the University of Tartu”) and presentation of the cap badge, chest badge and ring of the University of Tartu takes place in a small circle of invited guests in the UT Library. Watch a recording from the event on the web page uttv.ee.
Tuesday, 1 December
- Rector’s video greeting will be published on the university's website.
- The academic video lecture “Interculturality and the virus” (in Estonian) by Professor of German Studies Marko Pajević will be published on the university’s website.
- The recipient of the award for contribution to Estonian national identity is announced.
- The recipient of the scholarship of expatriate Estonian visiting professorship is announced.
- Everyone is invited to read about the honorary doctors of the University of Tartu on the university's website.
- See the new PhD holders of the university
From 1 December, it is possible to view the dance performance “Oh, otsigem…” (“Seeking for…”) by Raul Markus Vaiksoo on the university’s video portal uttv.ee. Dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the University of Tartu student union and the past century of the national university, the performance explores the various aspects of student life through the ages and finding one’s own path in life.
Wednesday, 2 December
Presentation of the autumn semester scholarships of the University of Tartu Foundation, scheduled to take place on Wednesday, 2 December at 16:00, has been postponed to the spring semester.
The ceremony marking the 101st anniversary of Estonia’s national university, scheduled to take place in the university assembly hall on Tuesday, 1 December at 12:00, has been cancelled.
Torchlight procession, scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 1 December at 17:00, has been cancelled.